Belt Line Industrial Park was incorporated in 1952 by Charles M. Freidheim. Following his death in 1963, the industrial park was owned by his daughter, Lucille Freidheim McCain and her husband, Dr. Donovan L. McCain. They continued to develop the industrial park and retained ownership of six buildings.
In 1974, their son John McCain began working for the company constructing tenant improvements. He moved to management in 1987 and in 2004, became President of the company. Brother Charlie McCain is Vice President and also active in the day to day operations. Brother’s Christopher, Donovan & James serve on the board of directors.
Today, the company operates as Belt Line Properties, Inc. The name change from Belt Line Industrial Park, made in 2005, reflects the changing use of the properties from industrial to commercial. Two additional buildings within Belt Line Properties were built in 2004 to bring the total to eight office/warehouse buildings under owner/management with approximately 240,000 square feet of rental space.
Belt Line Properties office is located at 3440 Belt Line Boulevard, St Louis Park.